Spanky Institute of Journalism (SIJ) provides an integrated program of preparation for careers in Sports Presentation (Local & Foreign), News Presentation (Local & Foreign), Marketing, Media Law and Ethics, Disk Jockey and Information Technology.
The activities and programs uniquely available from the department reflect a multicultural and interdisciplinary perspective commensurate with the goals of a liberal education for students. The same unique activities and programs provide services for the institution, the community and the region.
The school is committed to promoting the ideals of freedom of expression, and at the same time developing an understanding in our students of the significance of responsible communication in society. The department fully endorses an active approach to learning in our ultra-modern studio.
Locate the institution at Nyameso just opposite Time 96.9 FM at Alhaji Boho’s building, Obuasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
It is the vision of the Department of Communication to provide a high quality, individualized education that prepares our students for a professional life in Communication and its cognate disciplines.
We envision our students developing the ability to understand and critically analyze their worlds to provide a base for life-long learning. Our vision includes support for ongoing contributions to our discipline and to the citizens of the region from our faculty and students.
We seek managed growth consistent with the support provided by the Institution.
- Strengthen SIJ Reputation for Academic Excellence in Media and Communication Studies
- Improve Student Career Preparation, Readiness, and Competitive Standing
- Invest in Communication Research, Curriculum, and Practice Focused on Advancing Human Values, Improving Quality of Life, and Sharing Knowledge for a Diverse Society.
General Presentation: Newspaper Review, Mid-morning show, Lunch time, Drive time, and any other show to host.
News Casting (Local and Foreign): News casting, Editing, Reporting, Production works etc.
Sports Presentation (Local and Foreign): Sports Presentation, Commentary, Personality Profile, Hosting of Sports shows.
Media Law and Ethics: Know the Laws and Ethics of the profession to avoid court issues.
Marketing, Event and Promotion: Know how to segment the market, Promote businesses, Organize Events and market goods and services.
Information Technology: Be abreast with Information Technology in this global world.
STANDARD ENTRY REQUIRMENT
Applicants with the following qualifications are eligible to apply for admission: SSSCE | WASSCE | DIPLOMA | HND | Degree and any relevant certificate.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Student Application Form Download Here
1. Application Fee: GHC 30
2. Download the application form above
3. Complete your application form carefully making sure that the information is accurate.
4. Fill and add proof of payment (Mobile Money User Name, Reference & Transaction ID) made to the Mobile Money accounts below :
1. Through Tigo cash on (0279-928315)
2. Through Airtel cash on (0262-799604)
3. Through MTN money on (0543-989729)
4. Through Vodafone cash on (0502-493672)
>> 1. The registered name for all mobile money numbers listed above is George Akwasi Amankwah Marfo.
>> 2. It is advisable to make payment from your personal Mobile Money account.
>> 3. Physical cash can be paid to the secretary or the Administrator at SIJ office at Nyameso just opposite Time FM at Alhaji Boho’s building.
5. Scan and email the filled application form and your Mobile Money User Name, Reference & Transaction ID to email@example.com.
CONTACTS: 0244 624 051/0543 989 729 | WHATSAPP: 0206 973 279